Coogan payments to performers who are minors are possible on Eljin, though they can’t be achieved in a single transaction.
Here’s the process:
- The performer or the performer’s guardian will need to set up two Eljin accounts, each with its own unique email address:
- One linked to a personal bank account and
- Another linked to a blocked account.
- For the second Eljin account (b.), use the last name field on the Edit account page to enter the last name and the label – COOGAN. For example, if the performer’s last name is Smith, enter Smith – COOGAN.
- The payer will locate the two activated accounts in the Select Performer dropdown.
- The payer will now generate two, separate payments:
- First, select the performer personal account and enter an amount equal to 85% of the total owed.
- Second, select the performer’s – COOGAN account and enter the remaining 15% of the total amount owed.
For more on Coogan payments, there’s an excellent resource here.